Incubator Release Checklist
Releases made at the Apache Software Foundation by podling projects need to be voted on by the Incubator project management committee (IPMC) to see if they comply with ASF legal and release policy.
Note that this is not official policy but may help with checking releases.
Fill in the following:
- Are release files in correct location?
- Do release files have the word incubating in their name?
- Are the digital signature and hashes correct?
- Does DISCLAIMER file exist?
- Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists?
- Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct?
- Is the NOTICE year correct?
- Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or NOTICE?
- License information is not mentioned in NOTICE?
- Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so:
- Does the software have a compatible license?
- Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE?
- Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE?
- Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If so:
- Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE file?
- Do all source files have ASF headers?
- Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version control?
- Are there any unexpected binary files in the release?
- Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear?
- Is the issue minor?
- Yes No Unsure
- Could it possibly be fixed in the next release?
- Yes No Unsure
- I vote with:
- +1 release the software
- +0 not sure if it should be released
- -1 don’t release the software because...