Revision 1 as of 2005-12-29 18:48:59
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200512.mbox/%3c4397B320.email@example.com%3e Saminda Abeyruwan]||[[http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-dev/200512.mbox/%3c4397B320.firstname.lastname@example.org%3e|Saminda Abeyruwan]]|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
| * [wiki:Self:UseCases/SingleAsyncRequest single asynchronous request]
* [wiki:Self:UseCases/SingleAsyncRequestNotify send a single request asynchronously, with notification]
* [wiki:Self:UseCases/AsyncRequestSequence send a request asynchronously, with automatic follow-up requests]
* [wiki:Self:UseCases/MultiAsyncRequests multiple asynchronous requests]
| * [[UseCases/SingleAsyncRequest|single asynchronous request]]
* [[UseCases/SingleAsyncRequestNotify|send a single request asynchronously, with notification]]
* [[UseCases/AsyncRequestSequence|send a request asynchronously, with automatic follow-up requests]]
* [[UseCases/MultiAsyncRequests|multiple asynchronous requests]]
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
|[wiki:Self:UseCases/AsyncRequestSequence generating follow-up requests],||[[UseCases/AsyncRequestSequence|generating follow-up requests]],|
Use Case: Send Asynchronous Request And Ignore Response
I want to send a request without blocking the application.
I don't care about the response to the request.
Related / Out of Scope
Even though the response is ignored by the application, something has to be done for releasing the connection over which it is sent from the server. If the connection should be re-used, the response must be read. This raises basically the same questions about threads and responsibilities as does generating follow-up requests, except that the thread is needed to consume the response.