prc => press, trademarks
press@ and trademarks@ are of ASF members only
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|* subscribe to email@example.com (Public Relations) and/or firstname.lastname@example.org (Trademark issues)||* (ASF members only) subscribe to email@example.com (Public Relations) and/or firstname.lastname@example.org (Trademark issues)|
The main ASF document on this is at http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair.
Chair role is:
- Send quarterly report to the board.
- Assist community in issues where the community is unable to find resolutions; personal issues are an obvious one.
- Pass nominated PMC committers up to the board for approval, and 72 hours after an ack, edit the pmc-committee.txt in svn://commiters/board/.
- #1: Strive to stay out of the way and let the community drive Jakarta.
- Pass information from the Board back to the PMC.
- Ultimately responsible to the board for oversight of the PMC.
- Keep a keen eye out for any legal issues which might crop up and liase with the board/legal-internal mail lists to ensure things stay legal.
- Grant karma to version control.
subscribe to email@example.com
subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
- be aware of anything currently in incubation at incubator.apache.org
- moderate the pmc mailing list
Change VP at http://www.apache.org/foundation/.
Chair may want to:
- subscribe to all mail lists within their project (for Jakarta I subscribe to all the dev lists)
- moderate other mailing lists (I moderate general@jakarta and announcements@jakarta; both of which help me to keep oversight)
- I plan to document the long-term issues facing Jakarta as a whole, and important issues concerning sub-projects. Hopefully this will keep them in the community's minds.
- Encourage Jakarta General usage for all but private PMC communication. We need to consider General as the main PMC list.
(RESULT) threads typically go to email@example.com (use your judgement).
Post new threads to firstname.lastname@example.org if at all possible.
Post board report to email@example.com.
- Hopefully, post a monthly report to the General list (newsletter style), and collate these into the quarterly board report.
- Detail which roles are being fulfilled by committers, and ensure they remain fulfilled.
ASF email. Use <your-login>@apache.org for official email, and your personal email address for non-official email. This counts for announcements too, but doubly for a role where people may mistake an opinion for the official view.