Note : James V3 is still under developpement, so this notice is valuable for the last update of this document.
Check out a james fresh copy : svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/trunk james
- go to the james directory and : mvn clean package
- copy : spring-deployment/target/james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1-bin.(zip/tar.gz) into your serveur destination folder (let's call $SERV)
- go to $SERV and unzip/untar the james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1-bin.(zip/tar.gz) file
- go to $SERV/bin directory
- execute run.sh with root privilege (because pop3 try to open 10x port)
The first run will stop with an error (with this : java.io.FileNotFoundException: ../conf/sqlResources.xml (No such file or directory))
- execute twice run.sh ... an it's work (end with this : IMAP Service connection backlog is: 5)
now you can follow step 10, 11,... of the JamesQuickstart page
- type ctrl + C for end
Usage of embedded JCR to store (Imap-)Messages
- edit $SERV/conf/spring-beans.xml
comment JPA implementation of IMAP Storage containing beans "sessionMapperFactory", "subscriper" and "mailboxmanager" out
uncomment JCR implementation of IMAP Storage containing beans "imapCndLoader", "jcrUtils", "sessionJcrRepository", "sessionMapperFactory", "subscriper", "mailboxmanager", "uidConsumer" and "nodeLocker"