|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from FebruaryBoardReportProposal|
Status report for the Apache jclouds project - February 2014
A cloud agnostic library that enables developers to access a variety of supported cloud providers using one API.
jclouds was confirmed as a TLP in October 2013 and has carried out two successful releases (1.6.3 and 1.7.0) since then. The developer and user community is active, with a sustained number of improvements being contributed by users. The PMC has recently discussed how to encourage some of these users to become committers and is actively reaching out to grow the committer base.
A slightly more detailed look at the project community. It should still be brief, issues to think about include:
When was the last committer voted in?
2013-08-08 (Zack Shoylev)
When was the last PMC member added?
2013-04-29 (initial composition of the PMC when jclouds entered the incubator)
There is regular activity on both the user and dev lists. Responses to questions are generally fast, with multiple community members contributing.
What are the projects main plans and expectations for the community in the next period?
- Growing the committer base by encouraging regular contributors
- Encouraging involvement and contributions by vendors of supported providers
- Improving the user and new developer experience through revamped documentation
- "Freshening up" the project's image via a new site design
- Finishing ongoing architectural changes in preparation for the next major version
Have there been any releases from the project in the last quarter?
- 1.6.3 (2013-11-30)
- 1.7.0 (2013-12-23)
- 1.7.1 (2014-02-11)