There is a new Apache policy regarding license notices in source files; please see ASF Source Header and Copyright Notice Policy for details. We need to replace the Apache copyright notice header for source files with the license header described in the reference. We also need to update the NOTICE file to make sure it conforms to the new policy. The corresponding JIRA issue is JDO-441.
See https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/relicense/src/perl for scripts helping with updating the license headers:
- insert_license.pl: insert the license header if needed
- update-AL20.pl: update an existing Apache copyright notice header
I added support for suffixes ".g" (@cFileTypes), ".orm" (@xmlFileTypes) and ".jdoquery" (@xmlFileTypes) to the official version of the scripts and checked in a new version into the above repository. The JDO version of the scripts adds support for the following suffixes:
- Property files (@propertiesFileTypes): ".conf", ".jdoproperties", ".list", ".sav"
- No license headers (@ignoreFileTypes): ".mdl", ".uml"
Here are the scripts as used to update the JDO subprojects:
- insert_license.pl and update-AL20.pl take the name of the directory as an argument. Please note, the directory name must be specified as absolute path name.
You might want to run the insert script in practice mode first, e.g. insert_license.pl -p /jdo/trunk/api20 > insert_license.log
- Review the summary output written to stderr and the details written to stdout (redirected to insert_license.log in the example above).
- Investigate the files that are listed as having problems.
- Grep for special patterns like "WARN" and "dual license", etc.
- After fixing any issues you can do a production run by omitting the -p practice mode.
- Run the script update-AL20.pl, if there are file with the old Apache Licenses. Again first do a practice run by specifying option -p.
- update-AL20.pl fails to update files with DOS line endings.