General Wiki Login FrontPage
This is the top-level (General) Apache Wiki. It is maintained by the entire Apache community. Each project Wiki listed below is managed by the respective project community.
To edit pages, visit login near the top right corner of any page to create a user profile or to login.
Notifications of all changes you make will be sent to the <wikidiffs AT apache DOT org> mailing list, so we will be aware of your changes and we will happily correct any small mistakes that you might make.
Welcome to the Apache Top-Level Wiki
A Wiki is a website which is editable over the web by it's users. This allows information to be more rapidly updated than traditional websites. Many Apache projects make active use of wikis for community support and for extra project information, in addition to their main project websites. This General Wiki is a top-level overview of other wikis at the Apache Software Foundation, as well as overall Foundation-level information, at the bottom of this page.
Rather than host all projects' wiki content in one wiki, we utilise moinmoin's "Wiki farm" feature to have per-project Wikis in a single installation. You must log in separately to each distinct Wiki you wish to edit (but we are working to change that). Note that all official Apache project wikis are only served from either http://wiki.apache.org or from http://cwiki.apache.org. Remember, if it's not at apache.org, it's not officially from the ASF.
Currently, the following project wikis are hosted here (see also our https://cwiki.apache.org/ installation):
ApacheCon wiki about ApacheCon Ant wiki about the Ant project Avalon wiki about the Avalon project Beehive wiki about the Beehive project C++ Standard Library wiki about the C++ Standard Library project Cocoon wiki about the Cocoon project Commons wiki about the Commons project CouchDB wiki about the CouchDB project DB wiki about the DB project
- DB-Commons wiki about the DB Commons project DDLUtils wiki about the DDLUtils project Derby wiki about the Derby project JDO wiki about the JDO project OJB wiki about the OJB project Torque wiki about the Torque project
HttpComponents wiki about the HttpComponents project HTTP Server wiki about the HTTP Server project iBATIS wiki about the iBATIS project Jackrabbit wiki about the Jackrabbit project Jakarta wiki about the Jakarta project
- Cactus wiki about the Cactus project
HiveMind wiki about the Hivemind project
- Depot wiki about the Depot project (historical) Harmony wiki about the Harmony project Woden wiki about the Woden project Clerezza wiki about the Clerezza project
- Log4J wiki about the Log4J project Log4cxx wiki about the Log4xx project Log4net wiki about the Log4net project
- Lucene.Net wiki about the Lucene.Net project
- Continuum wiki about the Continuum project
- Jetspeed wiki about the Jetspeed project Pluto wiki about the Pluto project WSRP4J wiki about the WSRP4J project
SpamAssassin wiki about the SpamAssassin project Struts wiki about the Struts project Solr wiki about the Solr project Subversion wiki about the Subversion project Tapestry wiki about the Tapestry project Tcl wiki about the Apache Tcl project Tomcat wiki about the Tomcat project Turbine wiki about the Turbine project Velocity wiki about the Velocity project XML Projects
- Xalan wiki about the Xalan project at Xalan-Java and Xalan-C++ Xerces wiki about the Xerces project Xindice wiki about the Xindice project Xml Beans wiki about the Xml Beans project XML Graphics wiki about the XML Graphics project
- Batik wiki about the Batik project FOP wiki about the FOP project
- Axis wiki about the Axis project Axis2 wiki about the Axis2 project jUDDI wiki about the jUDDI project
General Wiki Pages about the ASF
This General wiki is a place for putting snippets of documentation that apply to the ASF as a whole or to the corporate aspects of the Foundation. The goal is to migrate the useful information here - once it's stable - to the main Apache site (ie http://www.apache.org/, http://www.apache.org/foundation, and http://www.apache.org/dev/ ) periodically.
- Committer Resources
Committers on Apache projects are welcome to list their other (non-ASF) projects on ApacheCommittersExternalProjects. Committers should also consider adding themselves to the http://people.apache.org/ website as well.
- Technical Information and Topics License Formats
- Headers for various source formats for the 2.0 license.
- How to apply those patches contributers send us cleanly and safely.
- Information about the Apache JIRA instance
- How to use git at Apache
- Analysis, Requirements and Design in order to manage the content of the ASF website
- Links, best practices, tips and tricks for the new (2010) Apache CMS
- Wiki to gather ideas for Google Code-in 2010
- A list of the various release guides for different Apache projects
- Listing of officers, bylaws, and other official organizational records of the ASF
- A brief overview of how the ASF works as a Foundation
- Documenting the ASF New Member election, voting and tallying process
- Documenting the ASF Board election, voting and tallying process
- Answers for questions like "how does feature XXX of this wiki work?", "how do I change configuration bit XXX?", and others.
Wiki admin requests
The Apache Infrastructure team administers all wikis on this site; you can contact them for help.
HowToBeWikiAdministrator ...help is always wanted. Read about what you can do!
- Immutable Page Info Attachments
MoinMoin Powered Python Powered GPL licensed Valid HTML 4.01