remove reference to unknown "I", even though I think it was me :-)
converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
Planning for Java 1.5 Migration
OK, we have finally all agreed to move to Java 1.5 and here is the plan agreed to by the committers:
- Put in any new deprecations we want, cleanups, etc.
- Release 2.4 so all of Mike M's goodness is available to 1.4 users within the next 2 months or so (no hard date) using our new release mechanism (i.e code freeze, branch, documentation.)
- Announce that 2.9 will be the last version under JDK 1.4
- Put in any other deprecations that we want and do as we did when moving from 1.4.3 to 1.9 by laying out a migration plan, etc.
- Release 2.9 as the last official release on JDK 1.4
- Switch 3.0-dev to be on JDK 1.5, removing any deprecated code and updating ANT to use 1.5 for source and target.
- Start accepting JDK 1.5 patches on 3.0-dev
See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/51605 and http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/51421 for background information
Some people are interested in Java 1.5 Migration.
The mailing list discussion at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/35972 started the ball rolling.