Notes on the MyFaces Build Tools Builder Plugin 1.0.7 Release
- Release manager: Leonardo Uribe
- Proposed release date: 2010-09-04
- This release is necessary for release myfaces core 2.0.2.
Here's how you can help us test the distribution.
Add this to your pom.xml (a node inside <project> )
<pluginRepositories> <pluginRepository> <id>test-builder-plugin-1.0.7</id> <name>Test repository for myfaces-builder-plugin 1.0.7</name> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging</url> </pluginRepository> </pluginRepositories>
then use myfaces-builder-plugin:
<plugins> <plugin> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.buildtools</groupId> <artifactId>myfaces-builder-plugin</artifactId> <version>1.0.7</version> ..... some stuff .... </plugin> <plugins>
myfaces core 1.1.x, 1.2.x, 2.0.x and tomahawk use myfaces-builder-plugin so the most easy way is modify its pom (api/pom.xml, impl/pom.xml for example) for use it, then mvn install and check the generated artifacts.
Proposed Release Announcement
Try -DdryRun=true SUCCESS
mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true
- Release it! FAIL
mvn release:prepare -Dresume=false mvn install mvn release:rollback mvn release:prepare -Dresume=false
- Note: Preparing the release will create the new tag in SVN, automatically checking in on your behalf. Note: If you're located in Europe then release:prepare may fail with 'Unable to tag SCM' and 'svn: No such revision X'. Wait 10 seconds and run mvn release:prepare again.
2. Stage the release for a vote
3. Ask for vote
5. Vote success, continue with the procedure
8. ANNOUNCE mail
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache MyFaces Builder Plugin. Apache MyFaces Builder Plugin is a maven plugin, used internally in other projects like myfaces core and tomahawk for generate component classes, tag classes, faces-config files, .tld files and facelets taglib files. In other words, its several maven goals provide a component kit for generate jsf components with minimal effort. Apache MyFaces Builder Plugin is available in the central Maven repository under Group ID "org.apache.myfaces.buildtools". Enjoy!