Update the release notes for 7.7.0
Update release date for 7.7.0
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= XX February 2019, Apache Solr™ 7.7.0 available =||= 11 February 2019, Apache Solr™ 7.7.0 available =|
11 February 2019, Apache Solr™ 7.7.0 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 7.7.0
Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr 7.7.0 is available for immediate download at: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html
See http://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_7_0/changes/Changes.html for a full list of details.
Solr 7.7.0 Release Highlights:
- URI Too Long with large streaming expressions in SolrJ.
- Spellcheck parameters not working in new UI.
- New Admin UI Query does not URL-encode the query produced in the URL box.
- Rule-base Authorization plugin skips authorization if querying node does not have collection replica.
- Solr installer fails on SuSE linux.
- Fix incorrect SOLR_SSL_KEYSTORE_TYPE variable in solr start script.
- JSON 'terms' Faceting now supports a 'prelim_sort' option to use when initially selecting the top ranking buckets, prior to the final 'sort' option used after refinement.
- Add a login page to Admin UI, with initial support for Basic Auth and Kerberos.
- New Node-level health check handler at /admin/info/healthcheck and /node/health paths that checks if the node is live, connected to zookeeper and not shutdown.
- It is now possible to configure a host whitelist for distributed search.
You are encouraged to thoroughly read the "Upgrade Notes" at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_7_0/changes/Changes.html or in the CHANGES.txt file accompanying the release.
Solr 7.7 also includes many other new features as well as numerous optimizations and bugfixes of the corresponding Apache Lucene release.
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/community.html#mailing-lists-irc)
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.