Formatting & links.
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|[wiki:/MacOSX Using the TDK 2.2 on Mac OS X] -- FWIW, I went ahead and jotted some notes on getting TDK 2.2 running on Mac OS X... -- RobLeachman||[[/MacOSX|Using the TDK 2.2 on Mac OS X]] -- FWIW, I went ahead and jotted some notes on getting TDK 2.2 running on Mac OS X... -- RobLeachman|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|[wiki:/Maven Starting a project with TDK 2.2 and Maven] -- Lester Ward posted this to the list. It looks like gold to me! -- RobLeachman||[[/Maven|Starting a project with TDK 2.2 and Maven]] -- Lester Ward posted this to the list. It looks like gold to me! -- RobLeachman|
[I've been using Turbine for 6 months now, and I finally worked out the relation between the Templates, the Actions and the Screens. There are howtos at jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howtos.html but they can be rather impenetrable at first. What I wanted was some text like this:
"One of the main features of Turbine is that java classes called screens will get executed automatically whenever a Template is viewed through the Turbine Engine. Web Forms can specify an action that will be performed on submit and a template that will be used to show the results, thus causing a form submit to lead to the execution of both an Action and a Template."
Probably some kind of diagram would help, but I'm not much of an artist -- SamJoseph]
Just finished installing the TDK. Had everything worked perfectly I would have been done in about 30 minutes (of course it actually took about 10 hours over 3 days).
My project was called turbo1 and these are the specifics of what I was doing wrong.
webapps/turbo1/WEB-INF/build/build.properties as far as I can tell should look something like this (mysql):
#this doesn't get transferred right now tdk.home = /data/tdk-2.2 database.name = turbo1 database = mysql #The createDatabaseUrl cannot have the database name in it createDatabaseUrl = jdbc:mysql://localhost/ #buildDatabaseUrl and databaseUrl should have the database name in it buildDatabaseUrl = jdbc:mysql://localhost/turbo1 databaseUrl = jdbc:mysql://localhost/turbo1 databaseDriver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver databaseUser = turbine databasePassword = turbine databaseHost = 127.0.0.1
I had no luck with Mysql-3.23.53 on newapp 'ant init'
BUILD FAILED file:C:/tdk-2.2/webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build/build-torque.xml:302: java.sql.SQLException: General error: Unknown database 'newapp'
is caused by the lines in src/sql/create-db.sql which refer to a database called 'default'. Try typing them in to a mysql console and you'll see what I mean.
Maybe later Mysqls are better. No - I've just checked - DEFAULT is a reserved word in MySQL, so it's a pretty dumb name for a database. It seems to stem from the definition of DEFAULT_DATABASE in /tdk/ancillary/2/src/conf/build.xml; but changing that and rebuilding recreates create-db.sql with the offending lines still there. So I guess that something isn't being rebuilt that needs to be...
> I've just checked - DEFAULT is a reserved word.... it's actually a bug in id-table-schema.xml.patch, check issue TRQS35 in scarab. Note you have to register first. http://issues.apache.org/scarab/issues/id/TRQS35
you can download the patch in the atachments tab.