May 2009 Board Report
The Apache Velocity project continues it's slow but steady development effort in what was a fairly typical quarter for this mature project.
- We continue to have a small core of active committers and several frequent contributors
- User list traffic remains steady with 1-2 messages per day, all answered quickly.
- In March 2009 we released Apache Velocity 1.6.2, a bug fix release addressing several regression issues with Velocity 1.6.
- A new svn trunk for version 2.0 has been opened up. While full scope is yet to be determined, the initial intent is to offer incremental improvements without the ball-and-chain of perfect backwards compatibility
- The Velocity Tools sub-project is in the midst of a vote for a 2.0-beta4 release. We anticipate a full 2.0 release in the coming quarter.
The Velocity project currently has no board-level issues at this time.