Revision 1 as of 2009-10-19 05:03:03
never put May 2009 board report on wiki
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|== May 2009 Board Report ==|
|Line 3:||Line 4:|
|== Community ==||=== Community ===|
|Line 7:||Line 8:|
|== Velocity Engine ==||=== Velocity Engine ===|
|Line 11:||Line 12:|
|== Velocity Tools ==||=== Velocity Tools ===|
May 2009 Board Report
The Apache Velocity project continues it's slow but steady development effort in what was a fairly typical quarter for this mature project.
- We continue to have a small core of active committers and several frequent contributors
- User list traffic remains steady with 1-2 messages per day, all answered quickly.
- In March 2009 we released Apache Velocity 1.6.2, a bug fix release addressing several regression issues with Velocity 1.6.
- A new svn trunk for version 2.0 has been opened up. While full scope is yet to be determined, the initial intent is to offer incremental improvements without the ball-and-chain of perfect backwards compatibility
- The Velocity Tools sub-project is in the midst of a vote for a 2.0-beta4 release. We anticipate a full 2.0 release in the coming quarter.
The Velocity project currently has no board-level issues at this time.