Added report for Woden project
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
| * [http://ws.apache.org/axis2 Axis2] released v1.1 on 13th November 2006
* [http://ws.apache.org/wss4j Apache WSS4J] released v1.5.1 on 11th December 2006
* [http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules Apache Rampart] released v1.1 on 11th December 2006
* [http://ws.apache.org/scout Apache Scout] released v0.7rc2 on December 2006
| * [[http://ws.apache.org/axis2|Axis2]] released v1.1 on 13th November 2006
* [[http://ws.apache.org/wss4j|Apache WSS4J]] released v1.5.1 on 11th December 2006
* [[http://ws.apache.org/axis2/modules|Apache Rampart]] released v1.1 on 11th December 2006
* [[http://ws.apache.org/scout|Apache Scout]] released v0.7rc2 on December 2006
Status report for the Web Services Project
- Axis C++ supports the generation of C stubs for Document/Literal style. Tested on OS/400.
Code Releases [since the last report]
- The Apache Muse team released a new major version (2.0) on September 29th. Muse 2.0 offers an implementation of the latest ratified versions of WSRF, WSN, and WSDM, for both Axis2 and OSGi-based applications. The team is planning a 2.1 maintenance release for December 14th.
Axis2 released v1.1 on 13th November 2006
Apache WSS4J released v1.5.1 on 11th December 2006
Apache Rampart released v1.1 on 11th December 2006
Apache Scout released v0.7rc2 on December 2006
Problems with committers, members, projects etc?
Woden is a Java class library for reading, validating, manipulating, creating and writing WSDL 2.0 documents. Woden entered the Incubator in April 2005. There have been six pre-1.0 milestone releases since then and Woden has been included in an Axis2 release. Our current set of active committers consists of five from IBM, two from WSO2 and one from University of Moratuwa.
Recent activity since our last report in August:
- Woden M6 was released in October which introduced a StAX parser based implementation of the Woden API and improved the compliance with the WSDL 2.0 specification.
- In November, three of the Woden committers attended the W3C Web Services Description Working Group "Second Interoperability Event on WSDL 2.0" in Dinard, France. Two others participated remotely. Some highlights of the event: fixed WSDL 2.0 spec compliance bugs, identified and resolved issues with the WSDL 2.0 spec, added many test cases to the W3C WSDL 2.0 test suite and conducted message interchange testing with participation from Axis2 developers.
- In Novermber, we added one more committer, Graham Turrell, subsequent to his contribution of significant patches in the area of a URI resolution framework.
- Woden M6 jar has been included in the Axis2 1.1 release.
- We have a healthy dev list with a large increase in activity recently.
- Woden has made progress lately wrt conformance to the WSDL 2.0 spec, which can be seen in the WSDL working group's dashboard 
Our immediate priorities are:
- deliver M7 on 15 Jan 2007 to rollup the significant progress made during the interop event.
- continue development of Woden extension mechanism so that specifications that extend the core WSDL spec can extend Woden to parse and validate their extensions.